Computer Science Mcqs For PCS & CSS Exams
(i) When all access and processing is done in one location, a computer system is said to be
(ii) Tools to change PROM chips, called
(a) chip kits
(b) RAM burners
(c) PROM burners
(d) none of
(iii) The type of modulation that changes the height of the single is called (a) frequency
(iv) A connection for similar network:
(v) The technology whereby part of the program is stored on disk and is brought into memory for execution as needed is called
(a) memory allocation
(b) virtual storage
(d) prioritized memory
6) The processor’s components are synchronized by:
d. Clock pulses
7) External devices are linked to a small computer system through:
b. Control units
8) Data on disk are recorded on a series of concentric circle called:
9) The simplest data structure is a:
10) Several computers linked by communication lines for a:
b. Distributed system
c. Time share system
11) What is Fast Ethernet?
(12) How do you add a workstation to the domain?
(13) What is the draw back of Array implementation of Collection?
(14) Briefly write the procedure for Binary Search.
(15) Conceptually what happens in a DBMS?
(16) Briefly describe ROM – BIOS.
(17) How do you define PORTS? Name different types of ports.
(18) What is Password? Where and how will you use it?
(19) How do viruses infect PCs?
(20) Briefly describe Data Transmission Modes