Computer Science Solved Mcqs
1. To locate a data item for storage is
2. programs designed to perform specific tasks is known as
b. application software
3. perforated paper used as input of output media is known as
a. paper tapes
4. Time during which a job is processed by the computer is
c. Execution time
5. a computer which CPU speed around 100 million instruction per second and with the word length of around 64 bits is known as
a. Super computer
6. An approach that permits the computer to work on several programs instead of one is
c. Over lapped processing
7. A directly accessible appointment calendar is feature of a … resident package
8. The term gigabyte refers to
c. 1024 megabytes
9. Which of the following processors use RISC technology?
b. Power PC
10. A/n …. Device is any device that provides information, which is sent to the CPU
11. Current SIMMs have either … or … connectors (pins)
d. 30 or 72
12. The storage subsystem in a microcomputer consists mainly of … or … media with varying capacities
b. Magnetic or optical
13. Which of the following is not an input device?
d. COM (Computer Output to Microfilm)
14. The central processing unit (CPU) consists of
c. Control unit, arithmetic-logic unit and primary storage
15. EBCDIC can code up to how many different characters?
16. Which is considered a direct entry input device?
d. All of the above
17. Which is used for manufacturing chips?
18. The computer code for the interchange of information between terminals is
19. A byte consists of
c. Eight bits
20. A hybrid computer
c. Resembles both a digital and analog computer