Everyday Science Mcqs
Everyday Science Mcqs
1. What is the approxiate mean distance that separates the sun from the earth?
a. 1600,90,000 kms
b. 1480,00,000 kms
c. 1500,00,000 kms
d. 1890,70,000 kms
2. The outer surface of the sun is called ?
3. Which planet has the maximum number of satellites?
4. What is a light year?
a. The year marked by extraordinary amount of radiation of sleight
b. The year marked by the extraordinary less amount of radiation of sunlight reaching the earth due to protracted cloudy weather on earth making that year lighter than the normal
c. The year in which the sun radiates more light making one complete extra day in february
d. The distance travelled by light in 01 year.
5. What are Red Giants?
a. Stars which appear red because of their consuming a portion of their hydrogen.
b. The cluster of giant sized stars visible near mars
c. Stars which consume some of their oxygen and thus appear red due to lack of O2
d. Powerful communist countries.
6. What are asteroids?
a. Piece of falling stares
b. Satellite of other planets
c. Very small planet revolving around the sun
d. Rocks found on the moon
7. What is the temperature at the center of the sun?
a. 6 million k
b. 10 million k
c. 12 million k
d. 20 million k
8. The phase of moon are partially the result of the ?
a. Changes in the shape of the moon
b. Revolution of the moon about the earth
c. Variation in the moon’s gravitation
d. Variation in the speed of rotation of the moon
9. Constellations referred to as Zodiac are ?
a. Imaginary region that encompass the path of the planets
b. Signs of Roman god
c. A group of stars
10. The height of a geo-stationary satellite from the surface of the earth is about ?
a. 360 km
b. 3600 km
c. 23000 km
d. 360,000 km
11. Which of the following explain the reasons why there is no total eclipse of the sun?
a. Area of the sun covered by the moon
b. Direction rotation around the sun
c. Orbit of moon around the sun
d. Size of earth in relation to that of moon
12. The instrument used to measure the specific gravity of milk is?
d. None of these
13. The internal antenna of transistor set is made of ?
b. Ferror Chrome
14. Gerontology is the study of ?
a. Process of ageing
b. Growth of cells
15. Helium is used for respiration in deep water instead of nitrogen because
a. It is heavier than nitrogen
b. It is higher than nitrogen
c. It mixes less in blood than nitrogen
d. It helps oxygen to burn more quickly
16. In a fluorescent tube which of the following components are found?
a. Mercury vapour
b. Argon and carbon dioxide
c. Helium and oxygen
d. Argon and neon
17. The common ore of aluminium is ?
18. When one enters a dark room, he is not able to see anything but, after sometime vision improves. This is because ?
a. The retina of the eye comes forward
b. The retina of the eye moves backward
c. The pupil of the eye contracts
d. The pupil ofthe eye dilates
19. Radio carbon dating is used to find the age of ?
20. What is periscope used for ?
a. To survey the ships on the surface of the sea when the submarine is under water
b. To extinguish fire
c. To measure purity of milk
d. None of the above
21. Seismology is the science of ?
a. Silkworm breeding
c. Atmospheric phenomenon
d. Study of fossils
22. The source of solar energy is ?
a. Light energy
b. Gravitational energy
c. Kinetic energy of rotation of sun
d. Nuclear energy
23. If an object is placed midway between two parallel plane mirrors facing each other, then the number of images that appear in mirrors is
d. Zero because the images will cancel each other
24. In vacuum , What will be common among X rays visible light , radiowaves
25. Barometer is used to measure
a. Atmospheric pressure
1. b , 2. d , 3. d , 4. d , 5. a
6. c , 7. d , 8. b , 9. a , 10. b
11. a , 12. c , 13. b , 14. a , 15. a
16. a , 17. a , 18. d , 19. a , 20. a
21. b , 22. d , 23. b , 24. a , 25. a