BPSC SYLLABUS FOR ASSISTANT DIRECTOR (B-17) , SENIOR INFORMATION OFFICER. (B-17)
PAPER – I (JOURNALISM)
Theory, cannons and kinds of journalism; brief history of Pakistan Movement; press history of Pakistan since independence; Pakistan Press Laws; press in Balochistan today; mass communication and its influence; public relations; advertising and role of journalism in nation building and Socio-economic reconstructions in the developing country like Pakistan; educational writing on a given topic or news reporting on a given situation.
PAPER – II (GENERAL KNOWLEDGE)
Essay on one of several topics; current affairs (international, national and Balochistan) and everyday science.
INFORMATION OFFICER (ONE PAPER) (B-16)
- A note on International Current Affairs;
- A note on National Current Affairs;
- Translation of a Newspaper passage.
(a). From English into Urdu.
(b). From Urdu into English.
- Drafting of News from a given situation, and
- General Knowledge (Abbreviations / Journalistic terms / Quiz etc.)