General Knowledge New Solved MCQs Different Jobs Test, PPSC , NTS , FPSC , CSS, PMS , KPSC , SPSC , BPSC , OTS , JTS , PTS , All Types Jobs Test Preparation
1. Which word is wrongly spelt in the following set of words:-
2. Every wise man should save for…
3. Sleeping partner means:-
One who has invested in business but takes no active part in its management.
4. UN was established to:-
Settle political disputes.
5. Yellow journalism refers to:-
6. Law is never law unless:-
It is enforced by a sovereign authority
7. A computer derives its basic strength from:-
8. If a car drives 25 kilometres on two litres of petrol, how many litres will be needed for trip of 150 kilometres?
9. Find 60% of 70:-
10. Vitamin C is essential for:-
11. Sound cannot travel through:-
12. A good tax should:-
Encourage growth in all sectors of the economy.
13. A system which results in a rigid one-party dictatorship permitting private ownership but not management of the production is:-
14. The tax levied on the import and export of commodities is named as:-
15. We see the flash of lightning before we hear the sound of the thunder because:-
The light rays travel much faster than the sound waves.
16. The Ozone layer plays ________ role for the organic life on earth.
17. Bonded Labour is:-
18. If you write down all the numbers from 1-100, how many times would you write 3?
19. Complete the series.
6, 9, 13, 16, 20, 23, _______.
20. A seventeen years old is not ________ to vote in elections.
21. Which word is wrongly spelt in the following set of words:-
22. Promptly means:-
23. Inflation refers to:-
Devaluation of money
24. Geographically Kashmir is divided into three major parts:-
Jammu, Azad Kashmir, Held Kashmir
25. “The System of Dyarchy” was scrapped in the Provinces and introduced in the centre.” This reform was introduced by:-
Government of India Act, 1935
26. An increase in hoarding results in:-
Increase in prices
27. A computer cannot do anything without:-
28. One of the infectious diseases conveyed from one person to another through air is:-
29. Lunar Eclipse takes place when:-
The shadow of the earth falls on the moon
30. A man buys a shirt for Rs. 70 after getting a discount of 20%. What was the marked price on the shirt?
31. Give the next two numbers in the following series:-
23, 30, 21, 33, 19, 36, ______
32. What is meant by mopia?
33. The examiner made us ________ our identification in order to be admitted to the test centre.
34. Which of these is the most predominant in the composition of atmosphere?
35. Indicate the word which has the correct spellings:-
36. Federal revenues are maximum from:-
Excise and sales taxes
37. Soda water serves as:-
A primary remedy for upset stomach
38. General Sales Tax is levied on:-
The sale price of goods which are produced in the country
39. Electricity of 220 volts is normally used for domestic purposes because this is:-
The average voltage acquired by the domestic circuit
40. Special glasses are recommended to see solar eclipse because:-
They refract light
41. Calorie is a ____________.
Unit of quantity of heat
42. Optical Fiber System is ______.
43. Prices for bikes can run ______ Rs. 3500.
As high as
44. The plural from of loaf is:-
45. Monetary and fiscal policies have as their goal:-
All of these
46. The tax imposed on the property/owners of houses of plots and motor vehicles is called:-
47. Barter system means:-
Exchange of goods
48. What function is performed by liver in the human body?
Acts as a store house of digested sugar
49. A soldier drove east for four miles, then drove north for five miles, then turned to his left and drove for one mile and again turned to his left. Which choice gives the direction in which he was driving now?
50. Physiotherapy is a curative method for:-
Immobility of joints
51. If two steel balls having different masses are allowed to fall freely from the roof of a building, they will reach the ground:-
52. Dialysis is meant for:-
53. The people of the Bosnia-Herzegovina voted in favour of independence from:-
54. Slump means:-
Fall in the prices of stock
55. Addiction means:-
Craving for certain drugs or food
56. A man sneezes when he has cold:-
Because he cannot help it
57. Why do you need a doctor’s prescription to buy certain drugs?
Because they can do harm if misused
58. A computer consists mainly of electronic:-
59. Six students in a class failed in algebra. This represents 16? per cent of the class. How many students passed the course?
60. A boy walked for ½ hour and then got a bus for 1/3 of an hour. What part of an hour did the entire trip take?
61. In a democratic country which of the following is considered the fourth estate?
62. A coalition government means:-
Government formed by two or more political parties
63. Local authorities receive the largest portion of their income from:-
Urban immovable property tax
64. Municipal tax on articles coming inside a city is called:-
65. The book entitled ‘Empire and Islam: Punjab and The Making of Pakistan’ was written by:-
66. Research in the work place reveals that many people work for many reasons
67. Invoice is:-
A statement which describes full particulars concerning the quality and price of goods
68. Reuters is a word known:-
69. Modern computers as compared to earlier computers are:-
Faster and smaller