NTS All Information About National Testing Service Details
Q1. What are the General Tests that NTS™ is offering?
NTS™ is offering two types of General Tests, also called Gradudate Assessment Tests (GAT™-General) & (GAT™ Subject)
Q2. What are My Eligibility Criteria?
If you are interested to apply for GAT™-General or GAT™-Subject you should have at least 16 Years of education (B.E (Engineering),BS Hons, Masters etc).
Q3. From Where Can I Get the Information About the NTS™ Tests?
You can get the information about NTS™ tests from any of the following sources:
- Advertisements through Print Media
- Advertisements through Electronic Media
- NTS™ and its Allied Institutions’ Website
Q4. From Where Can I Get the Application Forms?
You can get free of charge Application Forms from NTS™ website i.e., http://www.nts.org.pk. However, ensure that you get these before the last date for registration.
Q5. How Can I Register for NTS™ Test?
Fill your application form according to the instructions given. Submit it by paying the online Test Fee in any branch of UBL, ABL, MCB or HBL.
Q6. How Shall I Fill the Forms?
A few things must be clear to you before you fill in the form. Any incomplete or ambiguous information in the form may cause delay in the registration process and you may not be able to take the test on time. The instructions to fill the form are as follows:
- If application form is in type-able form, fill application form and print it. Otherwise use black ink and BLOCK LETTERS to fill out the form.
- Download the appropriate test application form.
- Be careful with the spellings of your name.
- Write the correspondance/ mailing address correctly where you can be contacted in future.
- Test Fee is submitted in the form of Online Deposit Slip in any nearest UBL, ABL, MCB or HBL branch, NTS™ Copy (Original) must be attached with the Application Form.
- Also indicate your choice for the city, where you want to take the test out of the options available to you.
- Please ensure:
- Two passport size photographs are affixed at appropriate places on form. (Use gum instead of using staples)
- Original Bank Deposit Slip (NTS™ Copy)
- CNIC (Photo Copy)
Q7. Where & how to Submit the Form?
After you fill the form according to the instructions, send your form through any courier service or mail (Post office). Make sure to attach:
- Two copies of your recent photographs
- Clearly written candidate’s name in the BLOCK LETTERS
- Clearly written candidates father’s name in BLOCK LETTERS
- Clearly written National Identity Card (NIC) number
- Clearly written candidate’s postal address in BLOCK LETTERS
- Clearly written phone number etc.
If any essential requirement is missing in the Registration Form, it will be clearly marked as rejected.
Q8. Does NTS™ Confirm My Registration?
After submitting the Application Form you will get your Roll Number Slip (Call Letter) containg Roll No., Test Venue etc on your mailing address. This slip confirms your registration. You can also visit NTS™ website for confirmation. You must take that slip with you to the test center on the day of your test otherwise you are not allowed to sit in the Examination Hall.
In case of any confusion or problems with the registration process you can Contact NTS™ Office.
Q9. May I Register on the Day of Examination?
The registration of candidates on the day of NTS™ Examination cannot be entertained. The candidate should get registered before the deadline, announced by NTS™ for the close of registration process.
Q10. How Can I Get Help in Case of Any Problem During Registration Process?
If you have any confusion about the registration process you can clarify by calling the NTS™ Office or Contact NTS™ Office.
Q11. How Can I Get the Test Schedule?
If you have any confusion about the Test Schedule you can get the details from the news media and also NTS™ website.
Q12. How Can I Get My Identification Slip?
Roll Number Slip confirms your registration. It serves as your Identification Slip and also informs you about the location of the center.
Q13. How to Find the Place and Schedule of Test?
The schedule, time, location, etc., is published through the news media and NTS™ website i.e. www.nts.org.pk from where you can get further help and other informations.
Q14. How to Get Myself Identified at the Test Center?
At the Test Center you are asked to show your Roll No. Slip that was sent to you after you submitted your form or your information from NTS™ website in print. The staff at the Test Center identifies you with the photograph attached on the slip or from your NIC, it is must. If you fail to show your Roll No. slip to the administration on the test day or if your photograph does not match your appearance, you may not be allowed to enter the Test Center.
Q15. What Should I Take With Me to the Test Center?
The candidate should take sharpened pencils, pen with eraser and clip-board. Besides this the candidate is also asked to show his/her Roll No. Slip.
Q16. What are the Things that I Should Not Take With Me in the Test Center?
Calculators, cell phones, books, booklets, any kind of paper or cheating material are strictly not allowed to be taken inside the test center. If you are found with any of these items with you during the test you are not allowed to take the examination and be considered disqualified.
Q17. Where Shall I Sit?
Enter the examination hall and look for the seat that has your roll number pasted on it. The seats are arranged in a sequential order of roll numbers. If you do not find your seat ask any of the invigilators at the center.
Q18. What are the Rules and Regulations that are Applied to Me Inside the Test Center?
- The test is given on the day and at the time scheduled. You are asked to observe punctuality.
- You are assigned a seat by the invigilation staff.
- Testing aids are not permitted to be taken along to the Test Center. Items like calculators, pagers, cell phones, headphones, and any paper or writing material, dictionaries etc., are prohibited in the test center.
- You are not allowed to eat, drink, or use tobacco during the test.
- If you do not show the Roll No. Slip and your photograph does not match, you are not permitted to take the test.
- No discussion or communication with the fellow candidates is allowed during the test session.
- You are also not allowed to leave Test Center without the permission of the supervisor.
- Under no circumstances the test questions or any part of a test be removed, reproduced or disclosed verbally, electronically, or physically or by any other means to any person or entity.
- Test centers do not have large waiting areas. Friends or relatives who accompany you to the test center are not permitted to wait in the near vicinity of the test center or contact you while you are taking the test.
- If you need to leave your seat at any time during the test, raise your hand and ask the invigilator. Timing of the section does not stop.
- Repeated unscheduled breaks will be documented and reported to NTS™.
- NTS™ reserves the right to videotape any or all of the testing sessions.
- Dress in such a way that you can adapt to any room temperature.
- You cannot communicate with anyone (other than the test center staff) while the test session is in progress or even during the breaks.
- You are not permitted to leave the test center vicinity during the test session or breaks.
- If at any time during the test you believe that you have a problem with your test, or need the Invigilation Staff for any reason, raise your hand to notify the Invigilation Staff.
Q19. On What Basis Can I be disqualified from the Test?
If you are found indulged in any of the following activities, he / she is disqualified from the test:
- Arriving late at the test center.
- Taking the test for someone else.
- Failing to provide the Roll No. Slip.
- Using any objectionable material during the test.
- Trying to create disturbance inside the test center.
- Showing ill behavior towards the invigilation staff.
- Trying to communicate with the fellow candidates while the test is in progress.
- Trying to tear pages from the question paper.
- Showing indiscipline i.e. eating, smoking etc.
- Leaving the test center without permission.
Q20. How Shall I Take Test?
Sit on your seat and wait for the time of the test. Make sure that you do not have any objectionable material. The invigilators give you the question book and answer sheets. Fill in the essential information in the blank columns of answer sheet. While attempting to answer questions read the choices in each question and mark the corresponding space on the answer sheet. Do keep the time aspect in mind. You would not be given extra time.
Q21. How Shall I Mark the Answer Sheet?
- Write Your Name, Father’s Name, Roll Number etc (if required) on the answer sheet.
- Read the directions carefully before you begin your test.
- The GRE General test is divided into three sections i.e. Verbal, Quantitative and Analytical Reasoning. The directions given at the beginning of every section informs you about the total number of questions and the recommended time.
- Each question has maximum five choices and minimum two. You are required to choose the correct choice for every question and fill the corresponding oval with a lead pencil on the answer sheet.
- The invigilator announces the procedure of marking the answer sheets. Listen carefully to the instructions. When you mark the answer sheets, make sure that the space is completely filled in. You can change the answer. Do it by erasing the earlier choice neatly.
- Use a lead pencil or Pens for marking the Answer Sheets.
- Do not mark more than one answer.
- If a question is found with no answer or it has more than one marked choice, it is not considered for marking.
- All questions carry equal marks.
- There is no negative marking for wrong answers. You can make a guess for answering difficult questions.
Q22. What are the Other Test Taking Strategies?
- You are provided with a few blank pages in the test paper. You can use them for your rough work.
- Some formulas and helping tables are given at the end of the question paper. You can take help from those for solving the questions.
- Keep a very careful track of time.
- Do not panic while solving your paper. Give each section a specific time period and try to complete every section on time.
- If you have carefully read all the directions given in the test guide, do not waste your time by reading the directions on the answer sheet. They are exactly the same as in the guide.
- Do not leave any question unanswered. If you are confused or have no idea about a certain question, try making a guess for the right answer.
- Do not make any extra marks on the answer sheet. Computer might register these and consider them as another marked choice.
Q23. In what ways is NTS™ Subject Test Different from Other NTS™ Tests?
The NTS™ Subject Tests are different from its other tests in many ways. Unlike the General NTS™ Tests, NTS™-Subject Test focuses on only one specific discipline of study. The NTS™-Subject Tests are prepared by professionals and experts from the respective field of their expertise. These professionals have themselves designed the curricula for a very measured assessment of students/candidates. Mostly, the Subject Tests are conducted online.
Q24. What are my Eligibility Criteria for Subject Test?
While there is no formal education prerequisite that holds the criteria for taking the test apart from holding 16 Years Bachelors or Masters Degree.