Lahore High Court Past Paper Of Civil Judges
LAHORE HIGH COURT, LAHORE.
Civil judges-cum-judicial Magistrates
Recruitment Examination, 2009.
Ø All answers are to be written in English Language.
Ø Answer any five questions
Ø All questions carry equal marks
Ø Time 3 hours
1. Explain the following remedies with reference to the relevant provisions of CPC stating circumstances in which these are to be availed:-
i Regular Second Appeal
2. Explain the following concept with reference to the relevant provisions of CPC and West Pakistan Civil Courts Ord, 1962:-
i. Territorial jurisdiction
ii. Pecuniary jurisdiction with reference to the courts of civil judges
3. How will you proceed to execute the following decrees:-
i. For recovery of possession of immovable property
ii. For specific performance of an agreement to sell
iii. Recovery of money
4. (1)Explain the term ‘Legal Disability’ with reference to the relevant provision of the limitation Act,1908 and state the manner of computation of limitation in such cases.
(2)Explain the terms “Acknowledgment” and “Promise to Pay” with reference to the relevant provision of the limitation Act,1908 and their legal effect vis-à-vis limitation for filing suits.
5. (1) what contracts can not be specifically enforced? Explain with reference to the relevant provision of Specific Relief Act,1877.
(2) state the condition enabling a court to cancel a written instrument.
(3) State the cases in which an injunction shall not be issued by a court.
6. (1) What is negative agreement and how it is to be enforced?
Explain with reference to the relevant provision of Specific Relief Act,1877.
(2) Against whom specific performance of contract may be enforced?
(3) Explain the rule underlying Section 9 of the Specific Relief Act,1877?
7. (1) Which suits are exclusively triable by a family court established under the family Courts Act, 1964?
(2) In which cases appeal shall not lie against a judgment and decree passed by a family Court?
(3) Explain the duty of a guardian of person and property of a minor appointed
with reference to the provisions of the Guardian and Wards Act,1890
8. Explain the following with reference to the relevant provisions of the Contract Act, 1872:-
(1) Doctrine of frustration of Contract.
(2) Novation of contract.
(3) A contract of Guarantee.
9. (1) State the pre-requisites of an application to be filed and proceed with under the Punjab Rented Premises Ord, 2007?
(2) In a case falling under the Punjab Urban Rent Restriction Ordinance,1959, alleging default in payment of rent at the rate of Rs1000/- per month for a period of five months prior to the institution of the application, how will you frame an order in terms of Section 13(6) of the said Ordinance?
10. (1) How will you proceed to deal with an objection raised to the admissibility of a document on the ground of its being under stamped and finding the same to be so? Explain with reference to the relevant provisions of the Stamp Act, 1899?
(2) Under what circumstance an unregistered document will take effect as against a registered document? Explain with reference to the relevant provisions of the Registration Act, 1908.