NTS Test Sample Paper 2014 for SESE (PET )
Complete the sentences by choosing the most appropriate option, from the given choices (A to E) below each.
1. The training session has been changed from 8:30 _____ 9:00.
Five options (A to E) follow a related pair of words given in capitals. Select the option that best expresses a relationship similar to that expressed in the original pair.
2. DOLPHIN: MAMMAL::
A. larva: insect
B. penguin: bird
C. sonnet: stanza
D. computer: keyboard
E. peninsula: island
Choose the option or phrase that is most nearly opposite in meaning to the word in capital letters.
Change the voice of the following. (Active & passive voice)
4. Najma is washing her clothes.
A. Her clothes are being washed by Najma
B. Her clothes were being washed by Najma
C. Her clothes has been washed by Najma
D. Her clothes is being washed by Najma
E. Her clothes had been washed by Najma
Change the narration of the following (Direct & indirect speech)
5. Salma said, “Knowledge is power”.
A. Salma said that knowledge was power
B. Salma said that knowledge had power
C. Salma said that knowledge is power
D. Salma announced about power of knowledge
E. Salam exclaimed that knowledge was power
Choose the word most similar in meaning to the capitalized ones.
Read the passage to answer questions 7-8
Among the chief sources of education available to Tahir was a quiet garden adjoining his family house. Here he used to spend much of his time, absorbing the peace and beauty of nature. It was through this early contact with nature that he acquired that serenity of mood that distinguished him all his life. It was in this garden too that he came to understand that the principle of harmony was at work throughout the Universe. At the same time, he formed the habit of observing and reflecting on things.
7. How did Tahir spend much of his time in the garden adjoining his family house?
A. reading literary books
B. plucking flowers and enjoying their fragrance
C. enjoying natural peace and beauty
D. sleeping in natural air and thinking in poetry
E. playing with the neighbors’ kids
8. How did the garden near Tahir’s house serve him?
A. as a means of peace
B. as a means of education
C. as a source of entertainment
D. as a source of social activity
E. a good passing time to relax in natural beauty
1. In the teaching of grammar, Inductive learning is:
A. Grammatical explanations or rules are presented and then applied through practice in exercises.
B. Grammatical rules are less stressed in the first stage but later given more importance.
C. The knowledge which is deducted from the already known language and then the grammatical rules are applied.
D. Learners are presented with examples. They then discover or apply language rules and principles on their own.
E. Emphasis on rules and grammatical paradigms proved as off-putting as behaviorist rote drilling.
2. Corporal punishment means:
A. Isolation of the student
B. Physical punishment
C. Temporary termination from school
D. Scolding the student
E. Humiliation of the students in front of other students
CURRENT AFFAIRS/GENERAL KNOWLEDGE
3. The United Nations was founded on _________.
March 24, 1945
October 24, 1945
March 24, 1949
October 24, 1950
4. Which country from the following is NOT the member of UNO?
5. The International Court of Justice is located in _________.
6. There are __________ members of SAARC.
7. Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) has __________ official languages.
8. The European Parliament granted GSP Plus status to Pakistan on _______.
a) December 11, 2013
b) December 12, 2013
c) December 13, 2013
d) December 14, 2013
9. The GSP Plus status has been granted till __________.
10. The landing arena of High Jump will be
(C) 5 x 3 mts
(D) 5 x 6 mts
11. Blood is purified in the human body by?
(A) Carbon dioxide
12. Name the vitamin which is water soluble
(A) Vitamin A
(B) Vitamin B
(C) Vitamin E
(D) Vitamin K
13. Salivary g]and produces
14. Who is responsible for sanitation /cleanliness in schools?
(B) Cleaning worker
(C) Teacher and students
(D) All of the above