PPSC CONSOLIDATED ADVERTISEMENT NO. 40/2015
CONSOLIDATED ADVERTISEMENT NO. 40/2015
COMBINED COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION – 2015
- NO. 241.
(CASE NO. 48 – RF / 2015) THE COMMISSION WILL HOLD COMBINED COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION-2015 ON OPEN MERIT BASIS AT LAHORE, RAWALPINDI, MULTAN BAHAWALPUR AND D.G. KHAN DURING THE YEAR 2015.
- NAME AND NUMBER OF POSTS:
- i) Provincial Management Service (BS-17), Services & General Administration Department.
62 POSTS: (53 on Open Merit, 06 for Disabled and 03 for Minorities)
- ii) Assistant Director (BS-17), in Punjab Local Fund Audit Department.
06 posts. (5 on Open Merit and 1- post for Disabled)
- QUALIFICATION: Graduate (Second Division) from a recognized university.
- PAY: BS-17
- AGE: 21 to 28 Years on 1st January 2015. In the case of officials serving in connection with the affairs of the Federal Government who are domiciled in the Punjab as well as the officials serving in connection with the affairs of the Punjab Government having at least 4 years service, the upper age limit shall be 35 years. For disabled persons, maximum 10 years relaxation in upper age limit shall be allowed as per Punjab Civil Servants Recruitment (Relaxation of Upper Age Limit) Rules, 1976.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: As per Government of the Punjab, S&GAD Notification No. SOR-III (S&GAD)1-25/94 (P) dated 29-11-2012, Punjab Delegation of Powers (Relaxation of Age) Rules, 1961 shall not apply to the posts of the Government required to be filled through Combined Competitive Examination conducted by the Punjab Public Service Commission.
- REMAINING PRECONDITIONS: The cutoff date for determining the eligibility as far as age is concerned shall be 1st January 2015. However, the candidate must fulfill and complete all other pre-conditions/qualifications for the examination on the closing date as given in this advertisement. The candidate will produce the original certificates at the time of psychological assessment and interview to authenticate their claim in the application form.
- NUMBER OF CHANCES: Only three chances are allowed to a candidate to appear in the Combined Competitive Examination. The chances availed by candidates for PMS and previously held examinations for Ex-PSS/Ex-PCS shall count towards the total number of chances availed for the examination of PMS.
- DOMICILE: Punjab.
- GENDER: Male, Female and Shemale domiciled in any district of the Province of Punjab.
- SUBJECT & SYLLABUS: The examination will be conducted in the six compulsory subjects along with three optional subjects. The details of the papers are given below. However, detailed Syllabus for Written Examination can be seen/downloaded from PPSC’ website.
Written Examination: (Six Papers) Compulsory Total 600 Marks
(Three Papers) Optional Total 600 Marks
|(1)||English Essay (An essay on one of the several specified topics)||(Subjective)||100 Marks|
(This paper is intended to test the ability of the candidates in functional English comprising précis writing, translation from Urdu into English, composition and usage of idioms).
(Paper of Urdu (Compulsory) will comprise of Essay Writing, Précis, Explanation of Poetic Verses, Translation from English, Idioms and their usage.)
Ethics (For Non-Muslims Candidates)
|(Combination of both Subjective & Objective)||100 Marks|
|(5)||Pakistan Studies||(Combination of both Subjective & Objective)||100 Marks|
|(6)||General Knowledge||(Objective)||100 Marks|
|(7)||Psychological Test and Interview||200 Marks|
- i) Negative marking will be done and 0.25 Marks will be deducted for each wrong answer in the MCQ type paper of general knowledge.
- ii) Non-Muslims candidates have the option either to attempt paper on Islamic Studies or “Ethics” (Combination of both Subjective & Objective).
iii) All the candidates shall take all the compulsory subjects and three of the optional subjects. (not more than one from each group) from the following groups:
OPTIONAL SUBJECTS (600 MARKS)
|Group & Sr. No.||Subjects||Marks|
|12.||Principle of Engineering||200|
* The minimum standard for the question papers will be of graduate level.
- A candidate must secure 33% marks in each paper and 50% marksi.e. 600 marks in the aggregate to qualify for written examination. Qualifying candidates must also secure 50% marks in the interview to be finally successful.
- NO. CHANGE/ADDITION/DELETION/ALTERATION OF OPTIONAL SUBJECTS MENTIONED AT THE TIME OF SUBMISSION OF ONLINE APPLICATION FORM WILL BE MADE AND NO FURTHER REPRESENTATION WILL BE ENTERTAINED.
- INCOMPLETE/WRONGLY FILLED OPTIONAL SUBJECTS IN THE ONLINE APPLICATION FORMS WILL BE FINALLY REJECTED. NO REPRESENTATION ON THIS ISSUE WILL BE ENTERTAINED.
- CHANGE IN THE PRIORITY/SELECTION OF EXAMINATION CENTRES SHALL NOT BE ALLOWED.
- Applicants are required to submit ONLINE Application Forms by the Closing Date which is 30-11-2015. Candidates should fill the online form carefully for which detailed guidelines and instructions have been given on Punjab Public Service Commission’s website www.ppsc.gop.pk. Editing options, to correct any data, will be available to the candidates till the last date of submission of online applications. Applications other than ONLINE will not be accepted.
- Candidates will have to deposit Rs:700/- under head:“C02101-ORGANIZATIONS OF STATE-EXAMINATION FEE REALIZED BY THE PUNJAB PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION”, in any Branch of State Bank of Pakistan or National Bank of Pakistan or Government Treasury before the closing date and receipt number will be mentioned in the Online Application Form. Original Receipt will be produced at the time of Written Test, Interview/ Viva voce without which candidates will not be allowed to appear in the Test, Interview / Viva voce. Original Receipt will be retained by PPSC for record purposes.
- Disabled candidates intending to appear in the Punjab Public Service Commission’s tests / examinations are exempted of application / examination fee.
- HARD COPY of ON-LINE Application Form is not required.
- Candidates are requested to mention their e-mail addresses in the On-Line Application Form. Those who do not have e-mail addresses are advised to create an e-mail account immediately. Correspondence with candidates will be made through E-mail thus add address (email@example.com) into your contacts / address book so as to ensure the delivery of PPSC mail into INBOX rather than into JUNK / SPAM like folder.
- Schedule of written examination will be given on PPSC website from where candidates can download their roll numbers and information about date, time and venues. No candidate will be informed about the date of Written Examination/Interview individually. The candidates should remain in touch with the Punjab Public Service Commission Office or visit the Commission’s Website www.ppsc.gop.pk for further information.
- IN CASE ANY INFORMATION PROVIDED BY THE CANDIDATE IN HIS/HER ONLINE APPLICATION FORM PROVE TO BE INCORRECT AT ANY STAGE, HE/SHE WILL BE DISQUALIFIED AND DISCIPLINARY ACTION WILL BE TAKEN UNDER THE RULES.
- The number of posts may be increased or decreased by the Competent Authority only if no date for written examination is fixed.
- Candidates presently living / residing abroad and having Punjab Domicile may also apply.
- In case of disabled person, Column 20 of Online Application Form should be filled in mentioning “Yes”. If the candidate is disabled, he/she will have to submit a certificate from the Provincial Council for Rehabilitation of Disabled Persons of Social Welfare Department.
- Following documents in original along with 2 set of photocopies will be required, if called for interview / viva voce:
- a)Matriculation Certificate or in case of ‘O’ Level, Equivalent Certificate from Inter Board Committee of Chairmen, Islamabad showing Total/Obtained Marks, Date of Birth. Or School Leaving Certificate showing Date of Birth.
- b)Intermediate Certificate / ‘A’ level along with Equivalent Qualification from IBCC, Islamabad showing Total / Obtained Marks.
- c)Bachelor Degrees/Detailed Marks Certificate duly issued by the Controller of Examinations Showing Total/Obtained Marks, CGPA/ GPA or Percentages of Marks.
- d)Domicile certificate of relevant district of Province of Punjab issued on or before the closing date.
- e) In case of Government Servant, the Departmental Permission Certificate (available on PPSC website) duly signed and stamped by the competent authority of concerned Department.
- f)Experience certificate (specimen available on website) issued from competent authority
- g) Original valid C.N.I.C.
- h) Passport size photograph.
- i)Disability certificate, if ‘ Yes’ in Column 20 of Online Application form has been ticked duly issued/verified by Social Welfare Department.
- j)Foreign qualification(s) must be recognized by H.E.C and declared equivalent by the Qualification Equivalence Determination Committee of the concerned department.
- Equivalence of the qualifications / degrees will determined by the Qualification Equivalence Determination Committee (QEDC) of concerned Administrative Department.
- Original Treasury Receipt of fee deposited.
Candidates will be admitted to the written examination provisionally without scrutiny of their on line applications. On detailed scrutiny of applications of candidates declared successful in written examination, if any candidate is found ineligible in any respect under rules/advertisement, his candidature will be cancelled regardless of the fact whether he appeared in the written examination or qualified therein. To avoid frustration, candidates are advised in their own interest to make sure before applying that they fulfill all the requirements of the rules and selection criteria as advertised relating to the post before the closing date.