PPSC SYLLABUS PAPER V PUNJAB DEPARTMENTAL EXAMINATION AND FINAL PASSING OUT EXAMINATION
Economics and Financial Management
Part-A Economics (40 Marks)
1. Overview of Economy of Pakistan.
2. Basic Concepts of Micro & Macro Economics.
3. Economic Development & Economic Growth including Human Development Index Approach.
4. Monetary & Fiscal Policies with emphasis on inflation.
(i) Definition and objectives of Monetary Policy.
(ii) Definition and objectives of Fiscal Policy.
(iii) Inflation and its types.
5. Concept of Poverty and Poverty Alleviation Strategy in Pakistan:
(i) Poverty, factors responsible.
(ii) Causes of poverty.
(iii) Poverty Alleviation Strategy in Pakistan.
(iv) Poverty alleviation Strategy in the Punjab.
Part-B Financial Management (Marks 60)
1. Importance, rules governing financial discipline, consequences of financial indiscipline etc.
2. Financial provisions in 1973 Constitution (Articles 118, 119, 169, 170).
3. Civil Service Rules (PUNJAB) VOLUME-I
(a) FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT
General Concept: Chapter-I [ Extent of application] 1.1 & 1.2
Chapter –II [ Definitions ]
Chapter-III [ General conditions of Service ]
3.2, 3.7, 3.12, 3.13,1.24
Pay: Chapter-IV [ 4.4, 4.13, 4.18, 4.21 ]
Additions to pay: Chapter-V [ 5.3, 5.55.8, 5.16, 5.22, 5.38, 5.39, 5.49]
Joining time: Chapter-1 & 9.1 to 9.18
Deputation Policy: Issued by the Punjab Government Finance Department
Revised Leave Rules, 1981
(b) Punjab Treasury and Sub-Treasury Rules (Financial Handbook No.1).
Treasury Rules (Punjab) and the Subsidiary Treasury Rules issued there under:-
What is Treasury and Sub-Treasury.
Treasury rules (Punjab) including: (Part-I) Chapter-I General System of Control over Treasuries: (Part-II) Payment of Revenues of the Province into the Public Account: (Part-II) Custody of Moneys relating to or standing in the Punjab (Part-III) Account of the Province. Withdrawals of moneys from the Public Account (Chapter-IV) Transfer of money standing in the Public account (Chapter-V)
(c) The Punjab Delegation Power Rules 2006 (Financial hand Book No.2)
General Principles and Rules including:- (Chapter-II) Pay, Allowance etc. of establishment. (Chapter-VII) Contingencies. (Chapter-VIII) Loan and advances. (Chapter-X) Bills and Remittances. (Chapter-XI) Deposits & Operation of Assignment A/Cs (Chapter-XII)
as introduced through an amendment in Rule 4.154 (A) of Punjab Subsidiary Treasury Rules. Welfare schemes of Government Servants (Benevolent Funds, Group Insurance etc.)
4. Purchase Procedure under PPRA Rules, 2009 (Purchase Manual, Purchase Officers, Types of tenders, Purchase under Foreign Aided Projects)
5. Duties and functions of D.D.Os.
6. Budget making at Provincial and Local level (Regular Budget, SNE, supplementary budget, development budget).
7. Audit and settlement of audit objections.
Note: Bare text of rules shall be provided in the examination