PPSC SYLLABUS PAPER VII PUNJAB DEPARTMENTAL EXAMINATION AND FINAL PASSING OUT EXAMINATION
Local Government System
1. Local Government System
(i) Concept of Local Government System.
(ii) Worldwide experience.
(iii) Local Govt. System in Pakistan Background.
2. Punjab Local Government Ordinance, 2001
(a) Functions and powers of:
(i) District Governments
(ii) Tehsil / Town Municipal Administrations
(iii) Union Administrations
(iv) Recent amendments/role of local government.
(v) Merits/demerits and success/failure of Local Government System in the Punjab
(b) Punjab Local Government Commission.
(c) Citizen Community Boards (CCB)
(d) Local Government Finance.
3. The Punjab Local Government Property Rules, 2003.
4. The Punjab district Government Rules of Business, 2001
5. The Punjab Local Government (Taxation) Rules, 2001.
6. Muslim Family Laws ordinance, 1969.
7. Child Marriage Act.
8. Wasteful Expenditure Act.
Note: Bare Act and rules shall be provided in the examination